Chayote raita (chow chow)


This is one of my favorite raita. I learned this recipe from my U.S friend. I tasted this recipe @ her place when she invited us for dinner @ very first meet. I became a fan of her cooking. This is different raita. usually, we do kootu, sambar with chow chow right? here is the different one.

chayote raita




Ingredients

  • chayote   1medium size)
  • curd  1 cup
  • salt  as needed
  • oil  as needed


Temper

  • mustard seeds 1/2  tsp
  • urad dhal  1/2 tsp
  • red chili 2
  • curry leaves 1 string



  1. Boil the chayote in water add a pinch of salt into it
  2. Drain it and allow them to cool
  3. Later mix it up with curd.
  4. Temper the items and pour over the chayote




you can have it with chappathi, sambar rice, biryani, etc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green chutney

Podi Idly

Thalitha idli