Delightful dinner( Idli vengaya kosu ) chettinadu spl



We always love our dinner, because that is the only meal we all have together, most of the time my husband comes early especially when I make Idly with Onion Kossu (Vengaya Kosu). He loves it to the core. Vengayakosu my grandmother taught me this, she is the best cook, I remember those days, when I was a kid I used to go to my grandma place during summer holidays 😊, she cooks different varieties of food, this is one of them. And she taught us how to eat idli, pour gingelly oil on top of the idli and eat it.wow👌 you can't believe it the taste will be really good. ultimate😋. Try these friends, you will love it

Idli vengayakosu Chettinad spl





Ingredients


  • Onions (big): 4
  • Potato (optional): 1
  • Tomato: 3
  • Coconut grated: 2 tbsp
  • Fennel seeds: 2 tbsp
  • Chili powder: 2 tbsp
  • Cinnamon stick: 1 inch
  • Bay leaf: Few
  • Curry leaves: Few
  • Water, salt and oil: as needed


  1. Grate the coconut, 1tbsp fennel seeds and chili powder
  2. Heat the oil pan, add fennel seeds, cinnamon sticks, bay leaf, curry leaves when it splutters add onions
  3. Saute well until onion turns transparent and potatoes tender (here I didn't use potatoes)
  4. Add tomatoes and ground masala
  5. Stir fry until oil separates
  6. Add salt and water
  7. Cook until gravy thickens

serve it with idli, dosa,etc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green chutney

Podi Idly

Thalitha idli